After-School Program Coordinator
Program Coordinators will work directly with students to provide a safe, responsible, well-
supervised after school program while acting as a positive adult role model, coach, and mentor.
Program Coordinators will need to have a genuine interest in the well being of each participant,
while providing a safe, nurturing, and fun environment for participants involved in the after
school program. As a Program Coordinator you will need to have the ability to establish
thorough leadership, communication, and most importantly patience, in order to give our
participants the stability and nurturing atmosphere they need to succeed.
Program Coordinators are responsible for planning, implementing, organizing and leading daily
activities. Program Coordinators need to establish a positive rapport with co-workers,
volunteers, parents and school personnel.
Responsible to the Director of Programming and Executive Director
● Must be at least 18 years of age.
● Possess basic knowledge and understanding of school aged children.
● Be a self starter and perform job with little supervision.
● Have the ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
● Be able to follow written and oral directions.
● Must be able to pass a back ground check and fingerprinting.
● First Aid and CPR certification (with in the first three months of employment).
● Mandatory Reporter (be able to complete course with in the first three months of
● Universal Precautions Training (completed within the first three months of
● Essentials Training (completed within the first three months of employment).
● Must be in good physical condition and complete a physical exam within the first six
months of employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Ability to create and implement fun and engaging developmentally appropriate
● Communicate with the parents through daily drop-off and pick up.
● Ability to lead and supervise small and large groups and recognize potential issues and
apply problem solving methods as needed.
● Ability to observe participants behavior, assess its appropriateness and apply
appropriate behavior management techniques, positive redirection or appropriate
corrective action as needed to support participants in making positive behavior choices.
● Accurately complete and submit time cards, incident reports, attendance, receipts,
monthly playground maintenance check, daily playground check, record of emergency
practice drills and first aid checklist.
● Coordinate scheduling guest speakers, clinics, volunteers and field trips with Director of
● Evaluate the program to suggest improvement, needs, and hazards to the Director of
● Responsible for designated group for duration of program or until replacement arrives –
never leave a group unsupervised or with volunteers.
● Responsible for immediately reporting and documenting any and all injuries or incidents
to the Director of Programming.
● Demonstrate reliability and punctuality by arriving on time for scheduled shift.
● Attendance and participation at all required staff meetings, trainings, and development
● Maintain cleanliness in all program areas; assist with the setup and clean up during the
program in an effort to keep the building clean and orderly.
● Maintain student safety by ensuring that all participants are wearing their seatbelt while
in the vans and not getting out of their seat while the vehicle is in motion.
● Mandatory roll calls minimally at every rotation, before and after snack, before, during
and after field trips.
● Report and problems which arise with participants, employees, volunteers, parents or
school personnel to the Director of Programming
● Assist in keeping the building clean, including cleaning tables, sweeping, mopping,
vacuuming, washing dishes, clean restrooms and keep supplies filled.
● Maintain highest degree of confidentiality in staff and participant matters.
● Adherence to all Sanford Center policies and procedures.
● Appropriate and pre-approved authorization from the Director of Programming of ALL
forms, activities, and permission slips.
● Any additional duties related to the after school program as assigned by the Director of
● Absences or late to work: inform the Director of Programming.
Work Hours and Compensation:
The position of After School Program Coordinator is a part-time position and is paid twice a
month at an agreed hourly wage. The position averages around 30 hours a pay period,
depending on your work schedule. The hours worked on a daily basis vary, due to weather,
school cancellation and holidays; a work schedule will be issued."
The information listed above are not intended to be an “all-inclusive” list of responsibilities or duties of the job described, nor are they intended to be a total listing of all skills and abilities required to the job, rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.
Ready to apply?
To apply or for more information, please contact Director of Programming, Gina Moyer, at email@example.com or call 712-252-0581.